Q. What are the benefits of insulation oil filtration?
- insulating mineral oil is highly expensive oil, therefore replacing the oil is very cost effective & impractical but filtering this oil is not only highly economically profitable but also eco friendly.
- with presence of contamination in oil performance & life expectancy of extremely valuable high voltage transformers are affected greatly. contamination in transformer oil can result in complete breakdown of the transformers worth millions. whereas with good quality transformer oil transformers life expectancy could be enhanced by 200%.
Q. What is Mineral Insulating Oil or Transformer Oil ?
- TRANSFORMER OIL IS A COMPOSITION OF SEVERAL HYDROCARBONS.
- ITS MAIN CONTENTS ARE NAPTHANIC, PARRAFINIC AND AROMATICS HYDROCARBONS
Q. Why Mineral Insulating Oil is used?
Mineral insulating oil or commonly known as Transformer oil is used in Transformers , High Voltage Capacitors, Fluorescent Lamp Ballast & some type of High Voltage Switches & Circuit Breakers —
- TO PROVIDE DIELECTRIC STRENGTH.
- TO PROVIDE HIGH FLASH POINT.
- TO PROVIDE HIGH INSULATING RESISTANCE.
- TO PROVIDE EFFICIENT COOLING.
- TO PROVIDE FREEDOM FROM MOISTURE & FREEDOM FROM OXIDATION
- TO PROTECT THE TRANSFORMER CORE AND COIL ASSEMBLY FROM CHEMICAL ATTACK.
- TO PREVENT THE BUILDUP OF SLUDGE IN THE TRANSFORMER.
Q. How Transformer Oil gets contaminated?
Transformer oil is liable to absorb un-acceptable contaminants formed inside high voltage FORMATION OF ACIDS DUE TO CHEMICAL DECOMPOSITION.
- FORMATION OF GASES.
- ELECTRICAL STRESSES,
- THERMAL STRESSES,
- EFFECT OF OXIDATION PRODUCTS.
- SOLID MATTERS LIKE DUST, FIBERS, METALLIC PARTICLES , VARNISH AND SLUDGE
& also due to any kind of physical contamination as a result of leak